LOMBARDY COTTAGE is a fully restored two-bedroom two-bathroom stone cottage in a peaceful woodland setting near the historic town of St Bathans. This noted historic building is ideal for one or two couples wishing to enjoy the unique attractions of Central Otago or looking for a relaxing holiday away from it all.
It is a 20-minute drive from the famous Central Otago Rail Trail and a 5-minute drive from the beautiful Blue Lake by the historic Vulcan Hotel where the presence of the ghost is best-appreciated with a warming whiskey in hand.
It is easy to relax in this tranquil place. Read in front of the library fire, sit under a willow tree by the creek or star gaze at the Milky Way which, due to the unpolluted atmosphere, is of world-heritage clarity. There are four bikes with helmets and the Otago Rail Trail just a 20-minute drive away, two kayaks (and life jackets) for adventures on the nearby Blue Lake. (A towbar is needed to use the trailer to cart boats or bikes to wherever they are required.) And for the cook, there is a well-equipped kitchen, a barbecue and vegetable beds.
- ♦ Two bedrooms – each with a king-sized bed (one can be made up into two singles)
- ♦ Two bathrooms (one with an old-fashioned claw-foot bath tub)
- ♦ Kitchen with many conveniences, including a bread maker, and well-stocked pantry
- ♦ Under-floor heating throughout, open fire in library and a diesel burner in living room
- ♦ Communications – Chromecast TV, wireless internet, landline (mobile phone coverage intermittent)
- ♦ 8-seater dining table plus entertaining facilities with fine china, glassware and silver tableware
- ♦ Restored Victorian-era rabbiter’s hut which is now a garden room
- ♦ Four good cycles with helmets, trailer with cycle cage
- ♦ Weber barbecue, outdoor dining area
Lombardy Cottage is available for weddings, wedding parties and wedding photography in the grounds.
2016 Copyright Lombardy Cottage - All Rights Reserved